Thursday, March 12, 2009

TRUST

TRUST is something a person must EARN, particularly in a WAR ZONE. This is not automatically given because of RANK, GRADE or POSITION. This is not written nor AWARDED by any authority, nor it's beginning and end be predictable.


However, when ignited and built within a man's HEART, it creates an UNBREAKABLE BOND of BROTHERHOOD amongst men. This bond, in the midst of battle, transforms into a FIGHTING SPIRIT so STRONG, that it can DEFY all ODDS. It becomes as powerful as THUNDER and as deadly as BOLTS of LIGHTNING that can only mean destruction and death to the enemy.


In my line of work, unquestionably, I've already earned the trust of the United States Navy. I've navigated almost the ENTIRE Pacific and Antarctic Oceans. I've advanced to pay grade E-6 (Qm') within five (5) years of enlistment without any benefits of QUARTERMASTER and NAVIGATION schools. I am a believer in learning the HARD WAY, and now, in Vietnam, again I can see that it is the only way. Furthermore, placing my past experiences into the equation, I am more convinced that fate will be the determining factor. I am in WAR, and the MEKONG RIVER and it's tributaries will be my battlefield. In these rivers, if time permits, the question of TRUST will soon have it's answer...


NEXT: My First Fire-Fight...

No comments:

Post a Comment